As Dates are High in iron and adding nuts in it makes it deliciously nutritious too!
Sugar free n Healthy sweet dish…
These Rolls are very rich, naturally sweet and gluten free so whenever you crave something sweet, indulge in these delightful disks without feeling guilty…..
•• Ingredients :–
1. Dates – 400 gms (pitted)
2. Walnuts – 50 gm
3. Almonds – 50 gm
4. Cashew nuts – 50 gm
5. Pistachio – 50 gm
6. Resins – 25 gm
7. Poppy seeds – 1tbsp
8. Cardamom powder – 1tsp
9. Ghee – 2 tbsp
•• Method :–
1. At first, roughly chop all nuts ( or nuts of your choice)
2. Next, grind the pitted dates in mixer grinder nicely.
3. Now add one tbsp of ghee in a nonstick pan and once it is heated up, start to roast all the chopped nuts on simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes .. Take them out in a bowl and keep aside.
4. Add all the remaining ghee in the same pan, add pitted dates in it and mix well and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes.. Keep stirring constantly.
5. After that, add roasted n chopped nuts in it and mix all together properly..
6. As they are mixed nicely, switch off the flame, take out the mixture in a plate and keep it to cool down slightly(at room temperature)..
7. For making the Rolls, take half of the mixture and roll it in a cylindrical shape with your hands..(around 2′ diameter).
8. Spread some poppy seeds over the workspace and roll the log over them till it is fully coated with poppy seeds evenly.
9. Cover it with a cling film or aluminium foil.. Keep it in the fridge for minimum 2 hours.
10. After 2 hours, when Roll is set down completely..Unwrap the Roll and cut it into 1/2 Inch thick disks or slices .. store it in an airtight container.
A healthy and wholesome sweet is ready to satisfy your sweet tooth..
It is delicious and very good for growing children as it has nutritious supplements.. Enjoy..😘😘